Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanks for reading my blog

Dear Friends and Family,
The past few months have been the best kind of whirlwind, and I'm sorry I haven't called!
I want to fill you in on lots of exciting news.

Ryan Graduated from RISD this summer which left the "what's next" question happily open to us.
After seriously considering relocating to a few different cities, we decided on a move back to NYC so that we can both enjoy growth in our creative careers. Ryan has been hustling to get his jewelry line designed and connections made in the industry, while working for a lovely photography agency in the meantime.
Quickly after making the decision to move back, I got a good agent who will help me continue to get great styling jobs. In fact, almost immediately, she landed me an awesome gig working for a very nice hotel group. The job will span four to five months and will take me to thirty cities and 17 countries! I will be styling hotel lounges (photo of the NYC Tribeca hotel above) as part of a worldwide ad campaign, so it is great experience which I feel very lucky to have been offered. I am so excited this job just fell into my lap, and getting ready for the challenges has been great.

So basically, within the course of three weeks, I found out I got the big job, Ryan and I made multiple trips for nyc apartment hunting, we signed a lease on a loft, ended our RI lease early, painted our new place, packed up RI, and moved back to Brooklyn. PHEW! Six days later, I left for the first leg of the trip.

Since I'll be wanting to stay connected to you all but do not have very much fee time through this big job, I have decided to put together this blog of very short video greetings or photos. I will do my best to post in each city, and to show you something other than the hotel rooms! Please subscribe to my blog as a way to keep in touch, comment and let me know how you are all doing. It is my hope that the videos will be fun to watch (even when I look busted!), and I will love to see your posts.... especially when I'm in different time zones and feeling home sick.

And please forgive if this is the first you're hearing about all these big changes. They happened so fast!
Love,
Rebecca

9 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Rebecca.
    We'll look forward to following your blog.
    First snow this morning!
    Time to get the place ready for Christmas and our very special family gathering.
    Happy travels and stay safe!
    XO-L&T

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss y'all sooooooo much! Hope Ryan is settling in nicely ... so that you have a bit of "ahhhhh" to come home to every now and then. Hugs and kisses from Fox Point (where we saw our first snowflakes of the season last night!). -Christine & Byshie & Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so pretty! Thanks for sharing your Grand Adventure, sweetheart. I'll be following you avidly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beck, as always, love you bunches and love the wonderful way you stay in touch. Wherever you go, my love will find you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all very exciting!
    I can't wait to follow along in your adventures!
    xo Serena

    ReplyDelete
  7. yippie-skippity-do-da mama! congrats on the the big events & whirlwind of transition!!!
    welcome back-ish to Bk.
    love you
    k

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becks - I'm just catching up on your adventures, you globe-trotter, you! I hope you're feeling better and that your ankle is healed up! What an exciting adventure!
    Love, MB

    ReplyDelete