Friday, January 28, 2011

Prescott, AZ

Prescott, AZ


Straight from Argentina to Arizona to meet Ryan and his parents for the Christmas holiday. I am so happy to be reunited with Ryan, and it is nice to be back in the states,too.... if only because I don’t have to try so hard with communication anymore. I realize I had been exhausted just from constantly having to think about how to say “A glass of water, please”, or “Where is the bathroom”? Ha, ha.
My journey has been a long one, about twenty four hours (Mendoza to Chile, Chile to Dallas, Dallas to Phoenix, PHX shuttle to Prescott!)…. BUT I am lucky as the job flew me there, so the trip was more economical. When we arrive at Tom and Llynda’s house, we were so happy to see them and their new pup, Willie. We jump straight into Christmas-mode and I love it.

I was so impressed by their house, which they spent years planning and building. The house is nestled in the rocks and has an incredible view over a valley. We spent the next week eating, relaxing, eating, going for walks, relaxing, cooking, and celebrating. Christmas morning, we had a feast and then went for a hike up a nearby bute where the guys looked for pottery shards.


It was a great Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. You two look adorable. Tom & Llynda's house looks great, too. Too bad there's no video of the view this time.

    ReplyDelete